Keep seeing and looking your best by having your eyes checked annually. Most eye diseases do not have symptoms to warn you of a problem because there are no pain receptors inside the eyes. This is why it is important to have your eyes examined every year to detect eye health problems before they impair your vision.
At Hollywood Vision, we offer same day eye exams without an appointment. Please call us to check availability: 323-954-5800
Most of what you do is dependent on your eyes: Sports, computer work, school, studying, working, reading, driving a car, shopping, balance, hobbies, watching TV or movies, your energy level, and even just walking around. Benefits and Reasons for eye exams:
- Detect and treat eye diseases before they harm your vision
- Update prescription or determine if there is a need for one
- Clear vision improves productivity and decreases fatigue for work and school
- Good vision helps you do better at school and sports
- Clear vision affects your depth perception and speed of reaction time for safe driving Proper visual skills such as tracking and eye teaming affect how accurately and efficiently you read and process information
- People look at your eyes in conversation. The appearance of your eyes is important for how you look and is an indicator of your general health
More Than Meets the Eye
Our comprehensive eye exam includes:
- Customized glasses prescription including prescriptions that help you perform your best for computer use, sports, night driving, video monitors for editing, photography, painting, etc.
- Neurological screening (since 80% of the brain is related to visual function).
- Eye health exam for diseases such as glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts, dry eyes, environmental sensitivities and allergies.
- Examine for health problems that are visible in the eyes, such as high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol, allergies, stress, and autoimmune diseases.
- Blood pressure screening since high blood pressure is fairly common and often goes undetected.
- Eye pressure screening for glaucoma.
- Educate patients on lens and prescription options followed by custom lens design by our highly trained opticians.
We also highly recommend having a retinal photo for early detection of eye diseases since you cannot tell if you have an eye disease such as glaucoma or macular degeneration.
Additional services available (with additional fee):
- Contact lens exam (including specialty contact lenses for keratoconus, high astigmatism, irregular corneas)
- Ortho K corneal molds for reducing myopia without surgery
- Vision Therapy evaluation
- Strabismus and amblyopia exam
- Rehabilitative evaluation (after stroke or concussion)
- Sports Vision Evaluation and training
- Low Vision Exam (for legally blind and visually impaired patients)
- Dry eye exam: we specialize in restoring your ability to make natural tears
- MoisturEyes Dry Eyes Spa: patients love our MoisturEyes treatments which help with dry eyes, red eyes, and tired eyes.
- Glaucoma exam: nerve fiber laser & visual field analysis (when appropriate)
- LASIK consultation, pre and post-surgical care
- Cataract surgery consultation, pre and post-surgical care
- Home or studio consultation for frame styling, glasses adjustments, and other services
We also include the following services which are above and beyond a standard eye exam:
- Present choices between pharmaceutical & homeopathic medications
- Mocking up of new prescription if there is a large change, to test out comfort and accuracy with new prescription
- Screening for eye tracking and eye coordination problems as well as strabismus and amblyopia
- Evaluation of holistic options including co-management with doctors in other fields such as Acupuncture, Osteopathy, Naturopathy, Chinese Medicine, Neurologists, and Occupational Therapy
We are providers for the following insurance plans:
- Vision Service Plan: We are a Premier provider so you get a higher frame allowance and additional benefits at our office
- Medical Eye Services
- Blue Shield
- Eye Med
- Davis Vision
- United Healthcare
We also offer Care Credit to give you additional time to pay without interest so that you can get what you need and want at our office.
We look forward to caring for you and your family’s visual and health needs. Thank you for trusting us with your precious sense of sight, and welcome to our Hollywood Vision family of patients.