Hollywood Vision Center-Optometry
Dry Eye Assessment
Dry Eye Syndrome Causes and Diagnosis
Dry eye syndrome is prevalent in Los Angeles because of our desert-like environment with low humidity. Contact lens wear, LASIK, and certain medications can also contribute to dry eyes by decreasing tear production or tear quality. Dry eyes can lead to red, irritated eyes and frequent infections when there are insufficient tears to cleanse, lubricate and nourish the front surface of the eyes. The quality and quantity of tears also affects your vision by providing a smooth optical surface to see through.
Take the self-test below. If you have any of these symptoms, you may suffer from a dry eye or tear disorder.
We can now improve tear flow naturally by opening up tear glands that get clogged up with age, the same way pores on your face get clogged up. Treat yourself to a spa for your eyes at our MoisturEyes Dry Eye Spa. Other options include using Artificial tears, nutritional supplements, punctal plugs, medication, and warm compresses. Our treatment goals are to alleviate your symptoms, and to prevent or reverse ocular surface damage that may cause a deterioration of vision.
We Treat Tired, Dry, and Red Eyes at our MoisturEyes Spa
If you suffer from any of these symptoms, do yourself a favor and let us pamper you at our MoisturEyes Dry Eye Spa. We provide a relaxing and comfortable eye spa treatment to get your oily tear glands unplugged so that the tears can flow to moisturize and nourish your eyes. This will help your eyes look whiter, feel better, and be healthier.
Please call our office if you would like to schedule a dry eye evaluation and consultation. (323) 954-5800
Do you experience any of the following symptoms?
- Eyes unusually sensitive to cigarette smoke, smog, air conditioning, central heating?
- Eye irritation upon awakening?
- Are your eyes dry and irritated the day after drinking alcohol?
Do you have any of these conditions ?
- Do you suffer from arthritis?
- Do you suffer from a thyroid abnormality?
- Do you sleep with your eyes partially open?
- Sjogren’s Syndrome
- Long work hours
- Insomnia or sleep deprivation
- Extended computer use
- Work in an environment that has air conditioning? Heating? Dust and debris? Smoke filled?
Do you take any of the following medications ?
- Antihistamine tablets
- Antihistamine eye drops
- Sleeping pills
- Oral contraceptives
- Medication for duodenal ulcer
- Medication for digestive problems
- High blood pressure pills
- Acne medication