Comprehensive Eye Exams Q & A
Why are eye exams important?
Most of what you do depends on your vision, including playing sports, working, or driving a car. Many common eye diseases — such as glaucoma and macular degeneration — interfere with your ability to perform daily activities.
Since your eyes don’t contain pain receptors on the inside, these diseases don’t cause symptoms in their early stages, when treatment is most effective. The only way to make sure your eyes are healthy is to schedule annual eye exams.
Dr. Brisco is a certified clinical homeopath and practices a holistic approach to eye care. Her comprehensive eye exams include factors that others don’t, such as neurological screening. She’s also a certified clinical homeopath and provides the option of natural or pharmaceutical treatments whenever appropriate.
What are the benefits of annual eye exams?
Annual eye exams are the best way to maintain good ocular health and vision. Benefits of regular eye exams include:
- Diagnosing and treating eye diseases before they affect vision
- Updating prescriptions for glasses or contact lenses
- Enhanced performance in school, work, and sports
- Improved productivity and decreased eye fatigue
Whether it’s watching TV or studying for a college exam, your vision plays a crucial role in most activities. By catching eye problems and diseases early, Dr. Brisco can help you improve your overall quality of life.
What does a comprehensive eye exam include?
Vision care is more complex than basic distance vision screenings. Comprehensive eye exams at Hollywood Vision Center, Optometry, Inc. include:
- Customized eyeglasses prescriptions
- Neurological screening
- Checking for eye diseases such as dry eyes
- Blood pressure screening
- Eye pressure screening for glaucoma
- Screening for eye tracking and eye coordination problems
- Screening for strabismus (misaligned eyes) and amblyopia (lazy eye)
- Mock-ups of new prescription if there’s a big change
Dr. Brisco also offers additional services you may choose to add on for a fee, including:
- Contact lens exam, including specialty lenses
- Orthokeratology (Ortho K) molds for reducing myopia
- Vision therapy evaluation
- Sports vision evaluation and training
- Dry eye exam and treatment
- Rehabilitative evaluation after a stroke or brain injury
- LASIK consultation
If you require treatment for an eye condition, Dr. Brisco offers choices between pharmaceutical and homeopathic options. She also presents holistic, integrative care options, such as acupuncture or naturopathy.
To schedule your comprehensive eye exam, call Hollywood Vision Center, Optometry, Inc. to check availability or book online today.