Keep seeing and looking your best by having your eyes checked annually. Most eye diseases do not have symptoms to warn you of a problem because there are no pain receptors inside the eyes. This is why it is important to have your eyes examined every year to detect eye health problems before they impair your vision.
Most of what you do is dependent on your eyes: Sports, computer work, school, studying, working, reading, driving a car, shopping, balance, hobbies, watching TV or movies, your energy level, and even just walking around. Benefits and Reasons for eye exams:
- Detect and treat eye diseases before they harm your vision
- Update prescription or determine if there is a need for one
- Clear vision improves productivity and decreases fatigue for work and school
- Good vision helps you do better at school and sports
- Clear vision affects your depth perception and speed of reaction time for safe driving Proper visual skills such as tracking and eye teaming affect how accurately and efficiently you read and process information
- People look at your eyes in conversation. The appearance of your eyes is important for how you look and is an indicator of your general health
Our comprehensive eye exam includes:
- Determination of glasses prescription. Determination of task specific prescriptions such as for computer distance, sports, night driving, video monitors for editing, photography, painting, etc.
- Neurological screening (since 80% of the brain is related to visual function)
- Eye health exam for diseases such as glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts, dry eyes, environmental sensitivities and allergies
- Dilation of pupils to examine retina as indicated
- Examine for health problems that are visible in the eyes, such as high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol, allergies, stress, and autoimmune diseases.
- Blood pressure screening since high blood pressure is fairly common and often goes undetected
- Eye pressure screening for glaucoma
- Educate patients on lens and prescription options followed by custom lens design by our highly trained opticians
Additional services available (with additional fee):
- Contact lens exam
- Vision Therapy evaluation
- Strabismus and amblyopia exam
- Rehabilitative evaluation
- Low Vision Exam (for legally blind and visually impaired patients)
- Dry eye exam and insertion of punctual plugs to keep tears on eyes longer
- Glaucoma exam : nerve fiber laser & visual field analysis and (when appropriate)
- LASIK consultation, pre and post surgical care
- Cataract surgery consultation, pre and post surgical care
- I-White consultation (for discolored or red sclera on eyes), pre and post surgical care
- Home or studio consultation for frame styling, glasses adjustments, and other services
We also include the following services which are above and beyond a standard eye exam:
- Present choices between pharmaceutical & homeopathic medications
- Mocking up of new prescription if there is a large change, to test out comfort and accuracy with new prescription
- Screening for eye tracking and eye coordination problems as well as strabismus and amblyopia
- Evaluation of holistic options including co-management with doctors in other fields such as Acupuncture, Osteopathy, Naturopathy, Chinese Medicine, Neurologists, and Occupational Therapy
We are providers for the following insurance plans:
- Vision Service Plan Premier
- Medical Eye Services
- Blue Shield
- Eye Med
- Davis Vision
- United Healthcare
We look forward to caring for you and your family’s visual and health needs. Thank you for trusting us with your precious sense of sight.
Wow! Was I surprised to find an Integrative optometrist
Dr, BRISCO, is one of the best optometrists
I went to Dr. Brisco 16 years ago and thought I lost her when I found her I was so happy because before that I had gone to Len Crafter who I feel ruined my eyes the exam was so quick. Dr Brisco is one of the best in explaining what is going on I would advise anyone that needs an eye dr to visit them.
A special “thank you” to Dr. Brisco
The absolute BEST EXPERIENCE
Dr. Brisco is the best
Thank you, Elise Brisco
Very friendly staff and personable patient care
Best eye doctor in Los Angeles
Very pleased with the service
Professionalism and Personal Care
Great Place to Visit
Excellent service, excellent attention.
Thank you Dr. Brisco.
Would recommend to anyone
Dr. Brisco and her team took great care
They are the best
Very friendly and an excellent listener
Thanks Hollywood Vision Center
I have had a pleasant experience directly with the Dr and Julie. They made sure my questions were answered and took the time to make sure that all is well even after my move to Sacramento.
Thanks Hollywood Vision Center